YEAR 5 FRENCH
Year 5 develop their ability to adapt sentences in speech and writing and to understand more complex written and spoken French. Topics studied include family & pets, school subjects (including telling the time), the planets and Le Tour de France. They also are becoming more confident using reference materials such as the bilingual dictionary. Follow the links for more practice!
Year 5 expectations:
- I can take part in a short conversation.
- I can express simple opinions in spoken and written French.
- I can make simple sentences using a model, including adjectives and simple conjunctions.
- I can listen to a song and put selected lyrics in the right order.
- I can find information from a passage of written French.
- I can pick out some details when I hear spoken French.
- I know numbers to 31(or beyond !)
- I can write some familiar words from memory.
- I can say most common phonemes I have come across so far.
- I understand how familiar adjectives are used in French.
- I can use the verb form il y a.
- I can use a bilingual dictionary to check spellings and look up new words.
PERSONAL INFORMATION/FAMILY & PETS
Footfoot song words
Les animaux games
Ma famille games
CLOTHES AND USING ADJECTIVES
L’ecole en France clip
Les planètes – video clip
European Space Agency clip
La chanson des squelettes – song telling the time