Once money is raised, the funds are banked straight away. It is at our PTA Committee Meetings that the decisions on how to spend the money are agreed.
Usually, Mrs Morris (our Head teacher) will have a ‘shopping list’ of items that the school would like to purchase. Sometimes this will be as a result of the children asking for something, such as the play equipment in the main playground. At other times it will be for resources to improve a particular area of the curriculum or school environment. Previous committee funds have contributed to classroom visualisers, climbing frames, sports kits and equipment, fixed wooden gazebo and a new PA system. In the main, the PTA funds are for the ‘extras’ not provided by the school budget, that make our children’s learning experiences so much more fulfilling and exciting and we endeavour to buy Christmas class gifts and a small token Christmas gift for each school child, as well as leavers gifts for our Year 6 children as part of the PTA’s ongoing commitments each year.
Here are details of what the money funded last year:
- Infants playground improvements
- New playground markings
- New gazebo area for outdoor lessons
- Prizes for the winning classes of the Smarties challenge:
- Sandpit for a Year 1 class
- Ice cream van visit for a Year 5 class
- Christmas gift from Santa
- Coaches for pantomime and cinema visits
- Hoodies for Y6 & party bags
- Ice cream van visit to Y2 in July (prior to their move to the Junior site)
- New PA System, which helped welcome the children back to school
- Corporate funding*:
- Presents for the Reindeer Raffle
- Travis Perkins donation of wood chippings for the Reflection areas at the Junior site
- New PA system was partly funded by corporate funding
Thanks again to everyone who helped to plan, organise and run events and watch out for details of some new initiatives coming soon!