There are lots of ways you can help and support your child through the PTA.
Offering to help before events or at other times during the year is so valuable – it really is a case of ‘many hands make light work’. It doesn’t matter if you can’t help on a regular basis, or even if you can’t come into school. There are always little jobs that can be done from home if you have half an hour to spare e.g. wrapping gifts, preparing raffle tickets etc. We really couldn’t achieve what we do without the unseen ‘army of help’ that exists in school.
You can of course volunteer to be a committee member or you can simply support us by giving us your ideas for fundraising events or just ask us questions or voice your opinion.
You can help by letting us know if you have any contacts or skills we could use – everything is potentially valuable to us.
Whenever you are shopping online, please do so via Easy Fundraising.
Easy Fundraising provides a FREE fundraising service where you can raise funds for St Thomas’s PTA when you shop online. Choose from over 2000 of the UK’s best-known retailers including many popular names such as Amazon, Next, Argos, John Lewis and HMV, and when you shop using the links on the site up to 15% from every purchase you make is donated to the PTA. More details regarding Easy Fundraising will be communicated to parents/carers over the coming months. EasyFundraising for St Thomas’
Did you know that you can now support St Thomas’ when you shop on the Amazon shopping app? Set it up just once in your app’s settings, and then for every eligible purchase you make from then on, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to our school – at no extra cost to you!
This is a brilliant enhancement of the Amazon Smile program, which makes it super easy to support our school when shopping with your phone.
Please follow these simple steps to set up your Amazon account to support our school:
• Select St Thomas’ as your chosen charity on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1016973-0
• If you shop using the Amazon shopping app, open the app and go to Settings > Smile to enable automatic donations to school when you shop in the app. This is a one time set up.
• If you shop using a web browser, always access the amazon site by going to: smile.amazon.co.uk (as opposed to www.amazon.co.uk)
From then on, shop as normal and Amazon will donate!
And finally, we are always extremely grateful to receive donations as mentioned before.
- Employees’ morale is boosted by having their efforts supported by their employer
- The company benefits from having charitable donations written off against taxable profits
- The company can endeavour to get publicity for their giving
- Our PTA benefits from receiving perhaps double what we have raised at an event