YEAR 4 FRENCH
Year 4 continue to consolidate their knowledge of numbers, alphabet, colours etc . They also learn how to say what foods they like; to talk about the weather; about animals and the Carnival of the Animals; about favourite sports and Le Tour de France; about places in town – comparing Stockport to Carcassonne. In addition they start using the bilingual dictionary.
Year 4 expectations:
- I can have a short conversation in French.
- I can listen out for certain words in a song or story.
- I know numbers to 31.
- I can say some common phonemes.
- I can write some words in French from memory.
- I can copy phrases in French.
- I can read and understand simple sentences eg about the weather.
- I can make simple sentences using a model, including adjectives.
- I can reorder jumbled sentences.
- I understand about gender in French and I know there are 3 ways to say ‘my’ in French.
- I can use the conjunction et=and.
- I know some familiar verbs.
Voici ma famille games
FOOD /THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR
J’ai faim, je mange… song
La chenille qui fait des trous story/clip
quel temps fait-il vocab and song words
Trotro s’habille clip
Comment-vas-tu-a-l-ecole? song words
Le carnaval des animaux by Saint-Saëns – clip
Le Cygne a famous ballet dance
Mon petit lapin song
J’ai un chat games
Tu as un animal? games
Les mois de l’annee song
Les nombres 1-10 games
Les nombres 11-20 games
Numbers song to 50 song
L’alphabet avec Didou – clip