School Contact Details
St Thomas’ C of E VA Primary School – Infant Site
Wellington Road North
Stockport. SK4 4QG
Tel: 0161 432 6809 – option 2
St Thomas’ C of E VA Primary School – Junior Site
Stockport. SK4 4QY
Tel: 0161 432 6809 – option 3
Headteacher: Ms L. Loynes
Visitors to school premises
As an inclusive, community-focused primary school, we welcome all appropriate visitors to school premises but please note the following when visiting our school:
- For the safety of our children and parents/carers, the car park at school is for staff and authorised visitors only. Parents must not use the car park unless specifically authorised to do so. We encourage parents to walk with their children to school wherever possible and we ask, for your safety, that you walk along the pedestrian pathway into school rather than the school driveway. When driving to school is unavoidable, please set a good example by driving and parking with consideration for others, and of course prevailing laws.
- Authorised visitors are welcome to use the car park when there is space available. Otherwise, please park sensibly on the roads outside of school.
- Should you require a parking space close to the school entrance or assistance with access whilst on site, please contact the school office prior to your visit and we will ensure that a suitable parking space is reserved for you. Our site is on one level and with the addition of available equipment is completely accessible to all visitors.
- All visitors (other than parents/carers bringing children to and collecting children from school) should report to the school office to ensure safeguarding requirements are complied with.
- We do not welcome ‘cold calling’ from commercial salespeople no matter what the relevance to school requirements. A preferred method of contact is an email to firstname.lastname@example.org although please note that we only respond to approaches that are of interest.
- Dogs (other than trained support dogs) are not allowed on school premises. Please also avoid leaving dogs tied to railings etc. as this can be stressful for the animals and passers by.
Admissions at St Thomas’
It is vital to make your application for Nursery, Reception Class and High School in good time. Please note the application deadlines stated below:
|Admission Types||Application closing date||Offer date|
|Nursery – Consideration for January 2022 start||31 October 2021||Late November 2021|
|Nursery – Consideration for April 2022 start||15 February 2022||March 2022|
|Nursery – September 2022||31 March 2022||18 May 2022|
|Primary (Reception) – September 2022||16 January 2022||15 April 2022|
|Secondary (Year 7) – September 2022||31 October 2021||21March 2022|
Parents should be aware that:
- A place in St Thomas’ Nursery does not guarantee a place in a Reception Class at our school.
- A place in St Thomas’ Year 6 classes does not guarantee a place at your preferred high school (including Priestnall High School)
In both of the above scenarios, parents are required to apply through the Admissions system before the relevant deadlines. All places are allocated by the Local Authority not the school.
Key Links and Documentation
Analyse School Performance (ASP) Key stage 2 Headline Measure 2018
Statutory Inspection of Anglican & Methodist Schools 2018
Inspection Data Summary Report
Whole School Attainment Overview 2019
Curriculum Maps, Phonics and Reading Schemes
To access details of the curriculum for your child/children follow the links below to your child’s year group.
- Year EYFS Curriculum Map
- Year 1 Curriculum Map
- Year 2 Curriculum Map
- Year 3 Curriculum Map
- Year 4 Curriculum Map
- Year 5 Curriculum Map
- Year 6 Curriculum Map
- Reading Key Objectives
- Writing Key Objectives
- Maths Key Objectives
- Key Stage 1 Phonics in school follows the processes recommended through “Letters & Sounds” and is supplemented by other resources and activities, e.g. “Phonics Play”.
- Reading schemes follow Stockport Book Bands (a variety of books, of similar ability level, colour-coded to indicate level). We also have a selection of books to support de-coding and reading phonetically.